-Deadline for submission of full papers: july 20, 2020
-Notification of approved full papers: september 21, 2020
-Submission of final papers: october 26, 2020
Workshops:November 16 and 17, 2020
Conference:November 18, 19 and 20, 2020
We are pleased to invite academics, researchers, professionals and students to present research results with different visions, perspectives and critical analysis on the main theme of SIGradi 2020 Transformative design, highlighting the fundamental role of design, architecture and different project disciplines to drive social, cultural and material transformations, through conventional and disruptive technologies, promoting an integration between natural and artificial systems.
The proposals may be oriented to the following conference tracks, not exclusive:
 Theories and design practices in digital contexts
Design theories and conceptual models
Design research and design communication
Artificial intelligence and design cognition
Participatory and collaborative design
 Morphogenesis, synthesis and analysis of forms
Parametric and algorithmic design
Systems and generative design
Complex and self-organized systems
 Digital fabrication and construction
Digital fabrication and rapid prototyping
Automated and robotic construction
Digital fabrication laboratories
 Information, models and simulations
Building information modeling (BIM)
Geographic information systems (GIS)
Processing, information visualization and big data
Distributed Intelligence and Cloud Computing
 Interfaces and devices
Augmented and virtual reality
Interface design, interaction and user experience (UX)
Physical computing and microcontrollers
Internet of things (IOT)
 Teaching and research in digital contexts
Computational and computerized implementations
University curriculum based on BIM and CAAD
Research, learning and knowledge networks
Online learning platforms
 Creative industries and artistic practices
Digital and technological art
Software and game design
 Biomimetics and bioinspired design
Nature-based design and architecture
Bioinspired structures and technologies
Methodologies and strategies based on nature
 Technologies, design and sustainability
Design and innovation for sustainability
Design, human factors and quality of life
Sustainable materials and manufacturing processes
Technologies for mobility and sustainable cities
To send your abstracts go to the submission area:
Call for abstracts
We are pleased to invite academics, researchers, professionals and students to present research results or experimentations. We invite you to do the submission of abstracts until april 06, in English, Portuguese or Spanish, which will be blindly reviewed by an International Scientific Committee, according to the following evaluation criteria:
- Concordance with the main theme of the Conference Transformative design and conference tracks
- Originality of the theme, problem or project
- Relevance of the contribution to the field
- Suitability of the methodology or techniques used
- Suitability of the references
- Overall organization of the abstract, according to the guidelines defined
Conference tracks: https://sigradi2020.upb.edu.co/en/calls/#papers
The abstracts submitted must be writed based on APA Style Guidelines, must contain a maximum of 500 words, references are not included, and be based on the following structure:
TITLE: the title of the submitted paper should be concise and consistent with the purpose of the study.
KEYWORDS: a maximum of 5 Key words that identify the project.
INTRODUCTION: what is the problem studied? what is its relevance and its objectives?
METHODOLOGY: how was the study conducted? what steps, materials, and techniques were used?
RESULTS: what results are found or expected?
DISCUSSION: what is the contribution and impact to the knowledge area?
REFERENCES: which sources have been or will be consulted?
- The evaluation of articles for oral presentation and publication will be done in two stages: abstract (first) and the complete work (second). Both will be evaluated by blind peer review mode.
The complete works approved will be published in the SIGraDi’s Proceedings book, it will have an ISBN number. In addition, the complete works will be published on the Blucher and Cumincad platforms, in these links you can see examples of previous versions:
- Since this is a blind evaluation, the text of the abstract should not mention the names of the authors nor the institution they belong to or any indication that allows authorship to be recognized.
- The identification of all authors of the article (maximum 4) should be done only in the metadata filling, and already in the abstract’s submission phase.
- There is no limit to the submission of abstracts by the main author or co-author.
- Each registration in the congress will allow the presentation and publication of 1 paper.
To send abstracts, use the OCS website (Open Conference Systems) in this link: http://congreso.sigradi.org/index.php/2020/Medellin. You must enter to the ACCOUNT area, create a profile, username and password, then you must write your text, attach the image (this is not mandatory) and confirm.
If you have any questions, please write to the SIGraDi’s organizing committee: email@example.com